Lease Termination for Residents of Newport Commons
When we have to say “Goodbye” – Lease Termination
What are the steps if I need to follow for terminating my lease?
- Please call the office as soon as you think you may need to end your lease and move-out.
- You must tell us and sign a special form in the office at least two full calendar months before you intend to move-out.
- The best way financially to handle this is to tell us at the end of a month knowing that you will be required to pay for two more months of rent.
- Remember that if you have lived here for less than one year, you will need to pay a fee to terminate the lease.
What should I do when I’m moving out?
- Remember to call the utility companies to suspend service in your name, but not prior to your approved move out date.The electricity account will return to Newport Common’s name.
- Remember to schedule to have your carpet shampooed by an outside company and give the office a copy of the receipt. The Leasing Office will schedule to have this work completed for you and charge your account, if you wish.
- We will provide you with other instructions about the condition of your unit when you sign your termination notice.